Thursday, February 14, 2013

"Never Again" and "The Lighthouse Effect"- Tina Manousakis


Never Again

Never again will I open.
Walls will go up round a heart that is broken
Two friendships I thought, now just tokens
Memories soured over words spoken
Never again will I open.

Never again will I open.
Thought we were close,
Strong enough friends to defy what was coming.
Undermined from within, three became two.

Out in the cold, with a sadness slowly fading,
Leaving only regret.
And a strength newly born.
Never again will I open.

The Lighthouse Effect

Bright, blinding, brilliant light.
A mere glimpse of a smile,
Then it passes and darkness settles once again.
Bruising, breaking, night
Icy bleakness rips light’s warmth
I am forgotten.

Night unrelenting,
Without even a star’s brightness,
To lighten despondence.
What I wouldn’t give for just one glance.
Pain unending, sadness undoing
Destroying thought, crushing creativity

Until your light swings round
And I am remembered once again,
Basking in the white heat of your focus,
For one blinding instant.
Then the darkness descends.
And I am forgotten.



No comments:

Post a Comment