Saturday, March 29, 2014

Tina Manousakis

For me, Pushing daisies was a super cool show that ran for a mere two seasons. Daisy also happens to be the translation of my middle name. And I've been pushing myself for years. However, I decided to take the idea of pushing daisies literally. What resulted was unexpected. It came, as it sometimes does for me, in the form of a free verse poem. It changed from the literal idea of a flower seller, to the spring up of hope, much like the daisies that bloom every spring, in parks and playgrounds, churchyards and graveyards, bringing us a sense of renewal and ever returning surprises. Because life blooms anew when we ask it to, and it pushes us to accept what we can not change, but it also renews us for the challenges to come. From loss and sadness, to love's rebirth, we are always pushing, maybe a daisy, but maybe something else entirely. It's our choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment